Your next cruise is about to get even more personalised
Princess Cruises announced recently the expansion of its Princess MedallionClass experience to three additional ships – Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess. These inclusions will build on the enhanced and personalised cruise vacations guests are currently enjoying on its Caribbean Princess ship sailing the Caribbean, and with Regal Princess starting February 17, 2019.
The Ocean Medallion, included complimentary when you book your Princess cruise, is a wearable device that elevates the guest experience by delivering an extra level of personalisation and innovative services resulting in higher guest satisfaction.
With the Princess Medallion Class experience coming to Crown Princess in July and Sky Princess in October, all guests sailing with the Princess in the Caribbean will be able to enjoy a streamlined vacation through simplified, personalised and engaging experiences by the end of 2019. The addition of Royal Princess will also be the first time a Princess Medallion Class ship will be sailing in Alaska.
“One in four Australians who cruise to Alaska cruise with Princess, Australian guests onboard Royal Princess this season will get to enjoy all the benefits of Princess Medallion Class ahead of the technology coming to Australia onboard Regal Princess over the 2020/2021 season”. Said Princess Cruises’ Sales and Marketing Director, Nick Ferguson.
Considered a breakthrough in the holiday industry and recently honored with a 2019 Innovation Award, the Ocean Medallion features leading-edge technology that delivers personalised service through enhanced guest-crew interactions, eliminates friction points and enables interactive entertainment.
Medallion Class Experiences
Princess Medallion Class cruises offer guests an epic lineup of experiences specifically designed to enhance their cruise vacation, including:
- Arrive at the terminal with travel documents (passports etc) uploaded to your profile and have a personalised check-in process that starts your holiday with ease. This extra touch of personalisation starts pre-cruise by guests becoming ‘Ocean Ready’ while at home.
- The best WiFi at sea: Medallion Net is fast, reliable, affordable and unlimited. ‘Medallion Net’ provides land-like speeds that allow you to stay connected from anywhere on the ship including staterooms which are each equipped with a WiFi access point.
- On demand beverage delivery: Using smart devices, you’ll have the ability to order drinks using ‘Ocean Now’ and have them delivered directly throughout the ship and even to your stateroom. Now that’s service!
Medallion Class Innovation
Other innovative features of the Princess Medallion Class experience include:
- Hands-Free Keyless Stateroom Entry: Access to staterooms is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated as the door automatically unlocks. Personalised greetings including loyalty level recognition welcome the guest on their door portal.
- Ocean Compass: Available on guests’ smart devices and portals throughout the ships, ‘Ocean Compass’ works alongside the Ocean Medallion to enable point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. ‘Ocean Compass’ guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest.
- Journey View: Available now on ship portals and coming soon to smart devices, this interactive timeline lets guests scroll through all of the events available on board during their voyage. Functionality will also soon give guests the ability to bookmark and add activities that appeal most to them to their own personalised itinerary.
- Medallion Pay: An easy to use payment feature, enabling crew members to focus on meaningful guest interactions.
- Ocean Casino: On smart devices and selected portals, guests can add real money to games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- Play Ocean: On portals located shipwide and using smart devices, Play Ocean offers guests a new level of fun with interactive games, a digital scavenger hunt, customisable avatars, and more. Play Ocean also transforms guests’ mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the massive Movies Under the Stars screen.
- Ocean View: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning Ocean Original travel shows to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost.
Princess Medallion Class activates a travel industry first by utilising a personalised platform with a guest-centric approach to help maximise a cruise holiday in real-time based on guests' choices and preferences.
The result? An incredible piece of technology that delivers enhanced personalisation on a large scale across every aspect of your Princess cruise holiday.